Sunday, May 1, 2011

Challenge!

Alexandria went into labor!


(snickers) She looks like a monkey.
     Alexandria: I'M IN LABOR DON'T MAKE FUN OF ME!
   Oh, well then. Let's move on from Cranky here.
     Alexandria: I-
Because the labor process is so long and boring, I usually switch to a different character and play with them until the pop-up asks me to name the baby. As I played with Atalanta, Alexandria and Hunter had apparently taken themselves to the hospital. They emerged with a baby boy.


I named him "Boy" so everyone could cast their votes on what he really should be named. But then, back at home, tragety struck!


I had (quite stupidly) placed Boy's crib right next to the stove and...well, it didn't go well. No one got there in time.

Well, I thought, not a HUGE loss. We didn't even know Boy that well yet. But then Alexandria had her birthday. Her ELDER birthday.


NO NO NO WHY DID YOU HAVE TO TURN OLD?!
     Alexandria: Well thanks for putting it so nicely.
   Oh, sorry. I didn't mean it like THAT, just that you and Hunter were so good-looking, I was looking foreward to seeing what your offsprink came out to be! AND NOW YOU CAN'T HAVE A CHILD.

We had to resort to adopting. Meet Fiona Pride!


Well, I got lucky with adoption AGAIN! She's adorable! We got her as a child, but her child and teen years were REALLY boring. And I'm impatient. So.
     Fiona: Well, thanks for cutting out most of my life!
  Well, sor-ree! You have the biggest role in the Prides history since Aleena! Even bigger! I didn't want to wait!
     Fiona: Oh. Well never mind then.

What do I mean by "biggest role in the Prides history"? Because I have invented a challenge. I know, we just DID  a challenge with Aleena. but this one, I made up. Here's how it rules out:
1. Move Fiona to an empty lot with only 300 simoleons
2. Reach 500,000 simoleons (like at The Splines, but this is harder because of the catch, so instead of 1 million it's 500,000)
3. THE CATCH: THE SIMS ARE NOT ALLOWED TO GET REAL JOBS! For example, they cannot be a scientist or teacher. They can't work at a job that pays them regularly. They can only do things like paint, write, fish, etc. It is actually harder than I thought it would be to make money.

So I moved Fiona out on her own on an empty lot. With the 300 simoleons, Fiona was able to afford a bench (cheapest sleeping option) and a bookshelf.



She first went to the library (the nearest place with a computer) to start on a book and "solve the unsolvable" (which comes with the Genius trait, one of my personal favorites).


(she can make extra money that way)
     Fiona: Shut up, I'm concentrating.
  No. Concentrate on your own time.
     Fiona: This is my own time.
  No, this is my time.

Then she took a shower there.


     Fiona: Doodledog! THAT IS INCREADIBLY EMBARRASSING.
  Um, yeah, I don't care.

Then she went home and read. (She's a bookworm)


     Fiona: Do they really need to know that?
  YES, YES THEY DO, THEY NEED TO KNOW EVERYTHING ABOUT YOU BECAUSE YOU ARE THE ONLY CURRENT CHARACTER ON THE BLOG.

*ahem* Moving on. Then she got tired and went to sleep.


     Fiona: Ugh, shut up, I'm sleeping.
  Don't tell me what to do. Sleep on your own time.
     Fiona: I-
The next morning, she had an early breakfast at the junkyard. (Ok, seriously, why would you put a fridge in a junkyard? WHO WOULD WANT TO EAT AT A JUNKYARD!!!!!)



But she was still tired after that, so she used the couch there.


     Fiona: *grumble* It's a good think I"m not a Light Sleeper.
  Yes, you're welcome :)

Now, back to the library to work on her book!


Oh! Look who came to visit the library!


     Atalanta: WHO ARE YOU AND WHY ARE YOU SO CLOSE?!
  Well, excuse me! I USED TO CONTROL YOU!!!
     Atalanta: Oh. Sorry about that.

Um, yeah, I'm just going to leave it at that.

10 comments:

Rachel said...

If I had to name the boy, I would name it Noah. I like that name for some reason and I think it would be cool tosee a Sim named Noah. I don't know why, but I have never seen a Sim named Noah. Never. Ever.
And isn't it a little dark to read, Fiona? I couldn't read in that light.

Doodledog said...

Yeah, sims are weird...

Oh, Noah would be good, except I used to know this INCREADIBLY ANNOYING guy named Noah. But Boy died, anyway, so...

Rachel said...

Aww. Oops. Poor Boy. So....that's okay with me!!

Rachel said...

Oh yeah... Sorry I forgot he died. Silly me.

Isabell said...

Wow, I'm suprised Alexandria isn't more upset that you let her baby die. She doesn't even mention him! Poor boy :(

Wow, you're so lucky with all your adoptions! I'm jealous!

Instead of buying her that bench, you can let her sleep in the Public Pool's lounger chairs. They look more comfertable I think :)


Oh yeah, why doesn't your sims get free pizza like my sim did? Maybe it was because her first action was to donate 1,000 to charity?

singer14 said...

You didn't even get to show us what the baby looked like! Wait, Boy died?? HOW DID I MISS THAT??? *scrolls to top of blog* Wait, BABIES CAN'T DIE!!! I'VE TRIED TO BURN THEM!!! THEY DON'T DIE!!! YOU JUST DELETED THEM, RIGHT? CUZ YOUR SEXIST AGAINST BOYS, RIGHT??? FOR SHAAAAAAAME!!!!

Doodledog said...

No, he died!!! Your game is glitchy, let us not forget.

singer14 said...

BABIES CAN DIE??? WHAT WAS IT LIKE??? I'VE RESEARCHED EVER-Y-WHERE AND PEOPLE CAN'T KILL THEIR BABIES!!! What did the Grim Reaper DO??? HOW DID HE TAKE HIM??? WHAT HAPPENED???

book_addict247 said...

Well, singer14, as morbid and possibly prophetical as that may be, I think Erika (Splines, obviously) killed a couple babies.
Fiona looks like the cartoon Katniss from some of the HG book covers. Or at least in that first picture she does.

singer14 said...

No she didn't. Erika never killed any babies. Its impossible to kill anything younger than a child. Doodledog's game probably glitched out. He didn't really die. He just... disapeared.